Emotional Intelligence Assessment
- May 4, 2016
- Posted by: wmnetwork
- Category: workplace
I recently attending a training course to gain my certification in Genos Emotional Intelligence Assessment. This was really interesting. The Genos model is based on 6 competencies so as well as assessing where you are now, it also provides insights into how to improve your Emotional Intelligence. So it’s a measure but also planning platform to increase EI.
The model is very straight forward and based on Australian research so it’s meaningful for us here in Australia, not just adapted from overseas findings. The 6 competencies in the model are:
- Self-awareness – this is about how aware you are of your behaviours, your strengths and weaknesses and the impact you have on others.
- Awareness of others – indicates how much you notice and acknowledge others so they feel valued, and how much you adjust your style to fit with others.
- Authenticity – is how openly you express yourself, honour your commitments and encourage others to do the same.
- Emotional Reasoning – this indicates the extent you use both feelings and other facts and information in your decision making.
- Self-management – the extent you manage your own moods and emotions as well as your time.
- Inspiring performance – this competency is about how you facilitate high performance in others through problem solving, recognising and supporting them.
I can see this tool being a great addition to WMN’s range. It’s quite intuitive and resonated with me. I’ll be putting it to good use on upcoming projects! If you want to find out more about Genos EI give me a call or have a look at their website www.genosinternational.com